9th September 2020
Dear Library Members,
Your Committee met on the 8th September and are delighted to tell you that because the rules and regulations have relaxed slightly, the Library will be reopening on Wednesday 28th October.
The Library will open only for the loan and return of books and DVDs.
We are limiting the number of people allowed in the library at any one time. It is possible that you will have to queue outside at busy times so, if you can, please limit the number of family members visiting in a group
As we have said before, in considering The Way Forward, our over-riding commitment is to the health and well-being of our members and volunteers, and that there will be no compromise on their safety.
REOPENING THE LIBRARY. (Protocols)
• The Library will open at the usual times (10am to 1pm) on Wednesday and Saturday morning, only for the return and loan of books and DVDs. (No Jigsaws)
• Wi-fi will not be available.
• There will be posters on the front door. Please wait to enter. Only one person can enter at a time. Maximum number in Library six members.
• Social distancing of 2 metres will be marked by tape outside door, and at strategic points inside the building.
• On entering hands will be gelled. Temperature will be taken. Name and telephone number entered in tracing book. Masks are mandatory, gloves are optional.
• Desk One will be across the door with Perspex screen. Members will return their books/DVDs at that point. Books/DVDs will be put in boxes for quarantine. Book quarantine is three days. The member will then enter the library through the reading room.
• There will be a social distancing line at the Treasurer’s desk with one seat. Two people will not be permitted. Perspex screen.
• All chairs will be removed from the reading table.
• Members will collect their books/DVDs and proceed to Desk Two, which will have a Perspex screen. There will be socially distanced lines on the floor. They will then exit through the reading room and then through the back door. The floor will be marked accordingly.
• Hand gel, paper towels and disinfectant will be on every table.
• Toilets will have gel, paper towels and disinfectant. Members will be asked to disinfect after use.
• The Library has to be cleaned after three hours.
• There will be no group activities, this of course will be reviewed monthly.
• All chairs will be removed from the garden. Initially no teas or coffees will be served. I am sure after a few months things will relax. Teas and coffees would come under bar and restaurant rules and regulations, which are very different from Library rules and regulations.
• No smoking in the garden.
• Donations of books will only be accepted if they are new and in pristine condition
• Visors will be provided for volunteers.