Given that the Canary Islands have now entered Phase 2 of the lockdown period, we have read and considered the detailed requirements for reopening, the rules and regulations from Phase 1 have not been relaxed, in fact they have been added to:
- Before opening and after closing the Library must be disinfected.
- Toilets must be cleaned after every use.
- Members must make an appointment to collect or return books.
- Only one member of a couple may enter.
- Gloves and face masks are mandatory.
- Temperatures must be taken.
- Volunteers must wear visors, masks and gloves.
- Members cannot browse the Library. Books can only be collected, having been ordered in advance.
- All books returned must be put in boxes and quarantined for 14days.
- The reading room cannot be used.
- A one-way system to be installed with social distancing put in place.
We hope that in
phase 3 rules will be relaxed. In the meantime, the requirements are
unmanageable in our circumstances. Therefore, we will not be reopening
at the current time.
We want to make it clear that, in continuing the policy decided by the committee, the over-riding commitment is to the health and well-being of our members and volunteers, and that there will be no compromise on their safety.